Applicants can apply up to 3 months but no later than 15 days before the planned travel. It takes up to 15 days (in specific cases up to 30 days) to obtain a visa after an application has been made.
Applicants can apply up to 3 months but no later than 15 days before the planned travel. As per the Schengen Visa Code the visa application is decided within 15 calendar days (in specific cases up to 30 days).
In order to submitt your visa applicationt at the Embassy kindly contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Schengen Visa Application Requirements:
- an application form – completed duly and legibly, and signed and dated by the applicant (in case of applicants under 15, the application form should be signed by the parent/legal guardian; in case of applicants aged 15-18, a written consent of their parent/legal guardian should be presented. In all such cases the parent/legal guardian´s passport copy needs to be provided)
- original passport + copy of all relevant pages (ID page, previous Schengen visas, etc.) – the passport must be valid for at least 3 months after the intended departure from the Schengen Area. Further, the document must have been issued within previous 10 years and contain 2 blank pages. For the Table of recognized passports consult the website of the European Comission website;
- a recent passport-size photograph (compliant with ICAO standards, light background and neutral expression necessary, no head covering acceptable except for religious reasons; not stapled!);
- a travel medical insurance policy (not for diplomatic passports and EU citizen family members)- valid for the Schengen area and covering the entire period of intended stay. The minimum coverage needs to be 30.000 EUR and include repatriation. For details consult the Travel insurance (PDF, 155 KB)
- a flight ticket reservation, including return flight (the original ticket may be required at the collection of the visa);
- a confirmed hotel reservation(s) or other proof of accommodation for the whole duration of stay in Schengen;
- a proof of sufficient financial means for the intended visit of the Schengen area –original bank statements in English for the past 6 months are requested (online print-out statements need to be stamped by the bank). If the applicant does not receive his/her salary in the bank account, salary slips are requested.
- original document(s) proving the purpose of travel:
- For business/conference/sports event visit: a letter from the inviting company/organizer (original, or sent from the company/organizer´s official fax number or official email address), or official invitation form certified by the Czech Police
- For visiting family or friends: a letter from the inviting person or official invitation form certified by the Czech Police
- For medical reasons visit: a medical certificate stating the medical history of the patient and the treatment needed, official document from the receiving Czech institution stating the type of treatment reserved and the financial arrangement
- For study visit: official documents from the receiving (and possibly also sending) institution
- For tourism in several member states: detailed travel plan should be provided, including the information on means of transport (flight reservations, train connections, etc.) and accommodation (confirmed hotel reservations);
- For accompanying domestic staff: original Guarantee Letter from the sponsor accepting full responsibility and the employment contract. Housemaids can travel only together with the sponsor. A prerequisite is a previous duration of the employment of at least one year).
The applicant needs to pay a non refundable visa fee in Dirhams of a monthly rate equivalent to 60 EUR (children under 6 years of age are exempt from the fee, children under age of 12 pay the equivalent of 35 EUR).
Fingerprints are collected from all applicants except for children up to 12 years old, applicants that have submitted their fingerprints at a Schengen member state’s embassy in the last 5 years, applicants in whom fingerprint collection is physically impossible, heads of states and governments and their delegations if invited on an official visit, and members of royal families if invited on an official visit.
Please note that:
- All Arabic supporting documents must be translated into English or Czech!
- All applications must be submitted at the Embassy in person in order to collect the biometric fingerprint data from the applicants.
- Only applications with all of the supporting documents will be accepted.
- Each applicant must present a separate application form and a separate set of documents even if more applicants travel on one passport (children travelling on their parent´s passport, etc.)!
- EU citizen´s family members – The above requirements do not apply to accompanying or following family members of EU citizens! EU citizen family members need to present an original document proving their relation to the EU citizen, a copy of the EU citizen´s passport and a proof of accompanying or joining the EU citizen in the Schengen.
Schengen_Visa_Application_Form 48 KB PDF