Japan is a country that holds on tight to and passes down through generations its culture and traditions while inventing the future for itself and the world. Fields and trees bathed with Japanese cherry blossoms, tiered temples with breathtaking backdrops and a whole range of merchandise that is hard to find elsewhere in the world, Japan has struck the perfect balance between traditional and modern and so has its warm inhabitants.
The procedure of applying for a Japan visa might prove to be easy if you have the right assistance. This Arooha blog focuses on providing you with the necessary details to increase the chances of obtaining a successful Japan visa from UAE. After you have finished reading don’t delay contacting us so that we can get started with your Japan visa preparations immediately.
The passport you hold is the crucial factor that decides whether you can enter Japan with an on-arrival visa or have to hold a pre-arrival visa. Even if you are one of those who are not eligible for an on-arrival Arooha will help you obtain your pretty-arrival Japan visa from Dubai.
STEP 1. What type of Japan Visa do you need?
If you are a North Korean national, entry to Japan is refused. Even transit visas are not issued even though you are not leaving the aircraft.
If you are a passport holder of any of the below mentioned countries and have pre-registered at the Japan Consulate or Embassy, you don’t require a visa to enter Japan.
The countries eligible for a Japan visa-less entry are: 15 days only
What is the allowed stay duration in Japan for individuals visiting with visa-less entry?
The stay duration allowed for the above countries are
- UAE – 30 days
On-arrival visa entry
Mentioned below are the countries whose passport holders are eligible for an on arrival visa.
The Countries eligible for a Japan on-arrival visa are:
- Republic of Korea
- Hong Kong
- United States of America
- Costa Rica
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- New Zealand
- Czech Republic
- Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- San Marino
- United Kingdom
* British citizens and British Nationals (residing abroad) are eligible for on-arrival entry.
What is the allowed stay duration in Japan for on-arrival visa holders?
The allocated stay duration for on-arrival visa holders is 90 days (unless specified otherwise).
If you are from a country not mentioned in any of the sections above, you have to apply for the pre-arrival visa. By further reading the blog you will get an idea of the neccesary documents and the procedures of obtaining a pre-arrival Japan visa from UAE.
STEP 2. Type of Pre-arrival visa?
Japan pre-arrival visas have been categorized in to three to suit the traveller’s needs. They are:
1. Airport transit
If a traveller is having a transit at an airport in Japan en route to their final destination an Airport Transit Visa is mandatory. This visa is not issued for North Korean nationals.
For all the entrepreneurs, business people and investors interested in doing business in Japan, the business visa is ideal.
Tourists or individuals who wish to explore Japan leisurely should choose this visa type. This visa type is also suitable for individuals visiting their friends and family in Japan.
STEP 3. Japan Visa Price
Two factors that contribute to price fluctuations of your Japan visa are the age of the applicant and the visa type they wish to apply for.
The visa fee is compulsory and will not be refunded at any cost even if the visa has been rejected. Along with the visa fee Arooha also charges an additional AED 200 for assistance throughout the visa process.
STEP 4. Supporting documents to apply for a Japan visa from UAE
For a successful Japan visa application process from UAE, the Japanese Embassy requires the applicant to submit the following supporting documents along with the visa application form.
Required documents for Japan pre-arrival visa when applying from UAE
- Fully filled visa application form
- Original passport having at least 2 blank pages and a minimum validity period of 6 months but not older than 10 years
- Copy of passport (along with residence visa page)
- 2 Photo (recent clear photo taken within 6 months with white background)
- Valid Emirates ID (for UAE residents)
- Original NOC letter from company mentioning the applicant’s designation, monthly salary, start date of employment and the no objection statement certified by the company stamp.
- 3 months bank statement (either copy stamped by bank or original)
- Flight Tickets (Copy of Confirmation of flight booking)
- Travel insurance
- Proof of current address (Etisalat or Du Landline bills, Water end Electricity bills,etc…)
- Hotel reservation Copy of confirmation of accommodation while staying in Japan
STEP 5. Japan Visa Processing
What is the usual procedure when applying for a Japan visit visa from UAE?
The list of supporting documents mentioned below should be submitted to the Arooha visa consultant who is helping you with the visa process. The following procedures will be followed upon submission of supporting documents.
- Pay the mandatory Japan visa fee and the visa consultation fee.
- Your documents will be checked by the visa consultant. You can also discuss about the most suitable visa type and clear any questions you have.
- The Japan visa application form will be typed and all documents will be thoroughly rechecked.
- You will receive an appointment date on which you have to submit the visa application and the supporting documents to the Japan Embassy.
- The visa issue procedure begins.
- You will receive a notification when your visa is ready.
- Collect your passport with the stamped Japan visa.
After all documents are handed over to the Japan embassy, how long will it take for the pre-arrival Japan visa to be issued?
The processing duration may fluctuate between 4 to 7 working days.
Frequently asked Questions
Tips to know before travelling to Japan
Japan is one of the safest destinations to travel to. Keep in mind the following tips while visiting this wonderful country.
All service staff; waiters, hotel staff, etc are paid a proper wage to fuel their living. Even if you leave a tip you might be dragged down by your waiter to return the money they think you have mistakenly left behind. Keep in mind this restaurant etiquette when in Japan.
Shoes on might be seen as offensive
In Japanese culture shoes are left outside the house. When you are visiting someone’s house not leaving your shoes outside shows a sign of disrespect. This rule applies to most restaurants and dressing rooms too. So look around to see if you should remove your shoes.
In Japan waiters are flagged with buzzers attached to every table. Simply press the button rather than doing all the other things you might have to do to catch the attention of a waiter in any other country. Some restaurants take it one level higher and place screens and slots on every table. The customers can order through the screen and the food will be delivered through the slot.
Tattoos are frowned upon
From where you come tattoos might be a form of art but in Japan it is a sign of a criminal. To be specific it signifies someone involved with the Yakima gang. This becomes a crucial setback if you want to visit a Japanese onsen.
Memorize certain words in Japanese
Japanese pay high regard to etiquette so memorize or write down words like thank you, excuse me, please, etc. Also memorize words like exit, the name of personal hygiene products, bathroom, etc.
Although Japan is a buzzing city it’s metro comes to a halt by 1.00 am, latest. Cabs are pricey. So plan out your night and follow it to the dot if you are on a budget. If you really don’t mind and are ready to fork out a fortune, print out the hotel address to show your cab driver. If you want to have some fun out of your missed train situation, a cheap alternative is to sing the night away in a karaoke club.
- Carry cash
- Apart from certain big companies and hotels (check) all other shops, restaurants and businesses accept cash. Make it a point to carry enough Yen in your pocket or visit the nearest 7 eleven ATM that is open 24/7 to withdraw some money.