RE: validity of your biometric information
Thank you for providing your biometric information (i.e. digital fingerprints and photograph) in support of your temporary resident application to Canada. The purpose of this letter is to notify you that your biometric information is valid until 2028/12/05
(yyyy/mm/dd) for subsequent temporary resident applications to Canada.
What you need to know for subsequent temporary resident (TR) applications:
- Please keep this letter for future reference. Your biometric information must be valid for the duration of your temporary stay in Canada.
- You will not be required to provide your biometric information again in support of any subsequent temporary resident applications you make within the validity date indicated above.
- However, if you wish to extend the validity of your permit or visa beyond the validity date indicated above you can provide your biometric information again and pay the associated fee for another ten-year validity.
- Please note that you will be required to provide your biometric information in support of any permanent resident application, even if you apply within the validity date indicated above.
- In addition to this letter, you can check the validity date of your biometric information using:
- your MyAccount at
- the Biometrics Validity Tool that is available on Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s website at
IMM5825 (10-2018) E
- This letter is not a passport or travel document. You will not be permitted to board your flight without a valid passport or travel document, even if you have this letter with you.
- This letter does not allow you to enter or remain in Canada. Eligibility and admissibility to Canada will be based on current Canada Border Service Agency procedures upon entering Canada.
Embassy of Canada Visa Section P.O. Box 6970 Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates